What kind of a game is After Ice?
It’s a post apocalyptic space adventure. The game has an immersive level of complexity and is massively explorable. You’ll bump into interactive non-player characters with missions that will take you down wormholes, on adventures and quests. What’s more, After Ice is a fully functioning world, complete with stock market, black markets, pit fights, Phodiine magic to learn and protect, corrupt alien militaries, bizarre life forms, beautiful wandering women, and venomous Gilahawks you can capture and train.
When will it be available?
We hope to have small, playable segments available 2014. Beta versions will come out in 2015.
Will it be available on Apple products?
What can I do to help?
- Visit our website. Every time you peek in to see what’s new, you help out. We can see you’re interested, and that alone is a tremendous motivator. And hey stranger, say hello once in a while. Tell us what you’re thinking.
- Invite friends. Especially if they’re awesome.
- Volunteer skills. Pack this in your resume and smoke it—“Story editor, After Ice MMO. Sound Design, After Ice MMO.” Cool, huh? If you’ve got a skill you can contribute, let us know! You can donate illustrations, sound effects, 3-D models, whatever strikes your fancy. This really is our playground. It’s for the people, by the people, and that means YOU.
- And volunteer your cash, kids! Did you know sitting on a fat wallet causes back pain? So liberate your spine. Free your cash. It wants to be free, you know. And every dollar you donate goes directly into the production of After Ice.
Who are you guys, anyway?
My name is Stuart Rickard. I’m an IT entrepreneur and all-around world-builder. I love video games and have always wanted to make one. At the end of 2011, I figured…well, why not?
- Pauline West, USA – Writer
- Stephen Townsend, UK – 3D CG Artist
- Emilio Riquelme, Argentina – CG Animator
- Archimedes Aligway, Philippines – Webmaster
- Jesuan Reis, Poland – Conceptual Artist: Vehicles
- Arthur Gurin, Ukraine – Conceptual Illustrator
Holy cow. So, how much does it cost to make a video game?
Around 8 million pounds, normally.
How is all the fan-fiction stuff related to your MMO?
Do you take submissions?
Absolutely! Please, send us your stories, graphic novels, comic art, craft designs, sound effects, background music, concept art, 3D models etc. If you made it for After Ice, we want to see it! We’ll post it with your name prominently attached.